Wednesday, June 15, 2011

most of my scars stay close to my heart

there is a time for change and it's finally found me
i am beginning anew
who i've become is collapsing the world around me
and distorting my perception of life
i've reached a point where the weight of myself is crushing inward
here i touch reality
as a personal super nova breaks down the walls i've built
and the misconceptions i've swallowed fervently
i touch to stay rooted
to not lose myself
while i find myself
i'm opening the scars long past
and allowing it all to slip away
it's time to face what takes my breath
what steals my dreams
and what's devouring our connection whole
i have allowed a disease to overcome me
to darken my thoughts
and empty me out
i will not be this broken shell of who i used to be any longer


No comments:

Post a Comment